Thankful, Grateful, Blessed
Whew! 2020 has Been. A. Year! With all that this year has brought us, I find myself taking in the little moments and concentrating on the positive things around me. Personally, I LOVE Thanksgiving! This is my holiday. What’s not to love? Family, friends, good food, football, naps, and taking a moment to step back from the stress and chaos of this time to be grateful. This week I have decided to be a little more personal with the blog so I have asked the ZONA gals quick first thing that comes to your mind, questions. I was curious to know what product, procedure, and what about Thanksgiving we love and are all thankful for. Enjoy!
Cierra Stewart RN
- First question I asked was, What product are you thankful for? “The product that I am MOST thankful for is the Glycolic Renew Overnight!” This Skinceuticals miracle cream is a favorite amongst the whole office. This nighttime glycolic acid cream delivers a true 10% glycolic acid value to promote cellular turnover for healthy, glowing skin.
- Second, What treatment are you thankful for? “I love my Xeomin – It’s the youth juice that keeps my wrinkles away!” Xeomin is one of the lesser known neuromodulators but with the least amount of accessory proteins it tends to work better for those who have built up a tolerance to Botox and Dysport.
Michele Hunter RN, CANS
- When I asked Michele what product she is thankful for, before I could even finish my sentence she blurted out, “Intellishade!” Another product we are all in love with here (especially Michele). Revision Skincare’s Intellishade comes in 3 different finishes Original, Matte, and TruPhysical. We love this 5-in-1 daily anti-aging tinted moisturizer because it’s formulated to:
- Correct. Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps skin appear firm and lifted.
- Protect. Features broad-spectrum UV protection.
- Conceal. Blurs imperfections with light diffusing minerals and a sheer tint.
- Brighten. Contains antioxidants to even skin tone and combat environmental stressors.
- Hydrate. Enhances skin’s natural moisture barrier to leave skin soft and smooth.
- “Botox, Dysport or neuromodulators in general is the treatment I am most thankful for. Love a smooth forehead!” Similar to our other Injector Cierra, Michele also loves the tox. Who could blame them? I think we all secretly love a smooth forehead.
- “I love baking homemade bread and cinnamon rolls with my adult kids. I also love playing poker with the family as we love the family competition!” Holidays always give us something to look forward to. Traditions that have been around for generations, or even a little friendly family competition.
Chelsea Van Note LME, CLT
- “Phyto Gel is my newest obsession, I can’t get enough of it! It clears up and calms down my skin.” Skinceuticals Phyto Gel is amazing because it quite literally helps with everything and is made for everyone! This hydrating, soothing gel serum with botanical ingredients is ideal to calm and hydrate skin while improving visual redness. Perfect for dry, normal, oily, combination, and sensitive skin types. Helps to improve sensitized skin, dehydrated skin, blotchiness, discoloration, acne, and aging.
- “This is a tough question for me, I’m a little bit of a skincare junkie and have WAY too many favorite treatments but, if I have to choose it would be Pixel. I love lasers because personally, deeper laser treatments have really improved my acne scarring. Pixel paired with a biocellulose mask cuts down on the downtime and makes it so easy and manageable!”
- “Love everything about this holiday. Friends, family, food, football and naps! Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because there is way less stress and pressure and reminds me to take a step back and truly be grateful.” Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are. – Joyce Giraud.
Jackie Hardon LME, CLT
- “AlphaRet Intensive Overnight! I am thankful for it because that retinol formulation never irritates my skin!” If you know Jackie, you would know that she has oily but sensitive skin. Her skin is resilient in that it can handle using acids (thanks to the oil) but she gets red and breaks out from irritation very easily. The fact that even she can use this SkinBetter AlphaRet Intensive is speaking volumes about this product!
- We like to call Jackie the ‘Peel Queen’ so it’s no surprise that her favorite treatment is a VI Peel. “ I am the most thankful for the VI Precision Plus Peel because it has rejuvenation, brightening and anti-aging all in one! Wam bam thank you ma’am.”
- “I love Thanksgiving because it’s such a fun relaxing day of just eating, napping, and games with family. And of course the leftovers!! Leftover Thanksgiving sammies are the best!” Seems as though we have an ongoing theme, turkey day naps! Gotta love ‘em.
MacKenna Passey Manager
- “Glycolic overnight cured my acne and I am so thankful for it. This magical night cream literally made me glow up.” Clearly a Skinceuticals favorite here at the office, Glycolic Renew Overnight is our most popular product. For good reason too! Like MacKenna said, it literally makes you glow!
- When I asked MacKenna what treatment she is most thankful for, her answer was simple and straight to the point. “Cheek filler, because it makes me feel pretty!” Cheek filler is one of the most underrated treatments. Most people can benefit from a little bit of cheek filler at some point in their life as it is the staple of the face shape. Not to mention the natural contour it gives!
- “I love Thanksgiving for the Black Friday sales. That and all the cousins go bowling every Thanksgiving after dinner and take jell-o shots.” Who doesn’t love a good deal?! I’m also here for making Thanksgiving a 2 day thing, including the shopping after all the food.
Mikey Estrella Front Desk
- “Lately I have been the most thankful for Blemish & Age serum. Something is happening and changing with my skin but the Blemish & Age seems to keep it in check.” Skinceuticals Blemish & Age is an oil-free face serum that reduces the formation of adult acne, and improves visible signs of aging. Perfect for oily and combination skin types with acne and aging.
- “Omg Hydrafacial. I love seeing the gunk tank afterwards! So satisfying.” Hydrafacial results are seen immediately with a glowing and clean complexion. Days after you’ll notice how clean your pores look and how soft your skin is. In the long-term, you’ll see benefits such as fine lines and wrinkles soften, sun spots lighten, acne clear up, or even rosacea calm down.
- “My family and I traditionally spend Thanksgiving in Puerto Vallarta Mexico!” Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing.
From our ZONA family to yours, we hope you all have a wonderful, delicious and healthy holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!
Back to the Blog