Your Skin Gets Hangovers Too, Heres How to Fix It
You drink Gatorade, eat greasy foods, and take naps but how do you take care of your skin? Drinking alcohol leads to the constriction of blood vessels, resulting in dull, dry-looking skin in addition to bloating and puffiness. Even worse (and we hope this is not happening) but chronic consumption of booze can lead to a loss of skin elasticity, meaning sagging jowls and fine lines and wrinkles. Before you cancel all the plans, though, the good news: There are things you can do to help your largest organ out.
- Drink a tall glass of water (you knew that one already we know)
- Exfoliate with a glycolic acid, not only will you be glowing for your night out but it will also help you not look as drab in the morning
- (If you can) stick to your moisturizing routine a few days in advance from drinking. Use super hydrating moisturizers and maybe a mask too
- Top off that post-mask goodness with an antioxidant-rich serum like Vitamin C, alcohol also has been shown to decrease antioxidant defenses in the skin
- Drink hydrators with extra electro-lights like Gatorade or coconut water
- If you have them on hand, take a probiotic to give your gut a little extra love
- Look for products with caffeine in it (lots of eye creams have it, check yours), caffeine helps stimulate blood-flow thus depuffing those tired days after eyes.
- Slather on a hydrating serum, with an ingredient such as hyaluronic acid
- Finish everything off with an occlusive moisturizer to “seal” everything in
Hopefully, you’re greeted with your glowing-skin-as-usual the day after, and if you also have a text—” Let’s go out tonight?”—you know what to do.
For More Information:
For more information about skincare please contact us at ZONA Med Spa. Or book a complimentary consultation online by clicking here.
Back to the Blog