What Is the Phoenix CO2?
The Rohrer Phoenix CO2 Laser is a skin resurfacing device that can treat uneven pigmentation, sun spots, reduce fine lines and coarse wrinkles, help skin texture, lax skin, and acne scarring. Improving your skin so that it will look and feel dramatically better than it has in years!
The Phoenix CO2 laser disburses gentle beams of infrared light. The energy is easily absorbed by our water-rich biological tissue. The laser vaporizes the top layers and places heat into our subdermal tissue to stimulate new skin and collagen. With this advanced modern technology, treatments can be tailored to a patient’s specific desires and expectations.
What Can CO2 Treat?
Anyone whose skin shows signs of aging is an excellent candidate for the Phoenix CO2 laser! Specifically, it can treat:
- Skin Texture
- Lax Skin
- Pore size
- Acne Scars
- Stretch Marks
What Areas Can It Treat?
The most popular areas include: face, neck, chest, and hands, although other areas of the body can be treated. Spot treatments are also doable.
- Hands Package of 3 treatment for $499 with post-care
What Can I Expect During my Treatment?
CO2 lasers appointments are usually about 1 hour, depending on the area being treated. Topical numbing cream is applied to help with any discomfort. You can expect your skin to be red, textured, and possibly swollen. After the treatment-something similar to a sunburn with a brownish tint to the skin as the day goes on. These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process and should improve within a few days. Total healing time is usually 5-7 days, but you should be prepared for the full 7 days.
A topical ointment will be necessary for the first few days, which will be provided and included in the price of your treatment. New skin may have a red tint and can be covered by makeup until your skin regains its former color.
Pre and Post Care Instructions
- DO NOT use Antibiotics or St. John’s Wart two weeks before treatment (they cause photosensitivity).
- Treatment cannot be performed on tanned or burned skin. Avoid direct sun exposure and/or tanning beds/self-tanners for at least two weeks prior treatment. Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen, 30 SPF or higher.
- DO NOT wax or use depilatories in the treatment area of 7 days.
- Let us know if you have a history of cold sores, we will give you a script to take beginning 1 day prior to your procedure. The purpose of this medication is to decrease your risk of getting a flare up after your laser treatment.
- Inform your technician if you have ANY allergies including medications.
- Some clients may need more than one treatment to achieve optimal results.
- This laser treatment can be performed on all Fitzpatrick skin types, although consultation is recommended first.
- A post care kit will be given after treatment, follow physicians instructions exactly at stated.
- You will have some redness and or swelling after your treatment. This is an expected result and is nothing to worry about. Tylenol and or Advil may be used to reduce post-treatment discomfort
- You can expect tightness, itching, or flaking after treatment – our post-care kit will help with this
- DO NOT pick at your face, this may cause bleeding or scarring. They will slough off gradually
- Avoid sun exposure for 10-14 days post laser. Excessive sun exposure during this time could cause changes in the healing of new skin. Always use a sunscreen broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or higher.
For More Information
For more information on the CO2 Laser please contact us at ZONA Med Spa. Or book a consultation online by clicking here.