About CO2 Resurfacing
At ZONA we use the Rohrer Phoenix CO2 Laser to treat uneven pigmentation, reduce fine lines and coarse wrinkles, help skin texture, and improve acne scarring. The Phoenix CO2 laser scanner divides the CO2 laser beam into tiny shafts of light. These shafts of light penetrate through the epidermis and introduce heat into the sub-dermal layers of the skin. This heat causes skin cells to reproduce more rapidly to heal the injury, thus stimulating collagen.
Concerns Treated with CO2
Resurfacing treatments do come with some downtime but because of how aggressive they are, CO2 can yield more dramatic results. Our Laser Technicians are skilled on all areas of the body and experienced with concerns such as;
- Skin Texture
- Lax Skin
- Pore size
- Acne Scars
- Stretch Marks
CO2 lasers appointments are usually about 1 hour, depending on the area being treated. Topical numbing cream is applied to help with any discomfort. You can expect your skin to be red, textured, and even a little swollen. After the treatment expect something similar to a sunburn feeling with a red/brownish tint to the skin as the day goes on. These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process and should improve within a few days.
Downtime is what we call when your skin is still compromised and red/pink. During this time we recommend avoiding makeup, sun exposure, exercise and any excessive heat. Redness can last up to 7-10 days followed by some sloughing and peeling. Total healing time is usually 10-14 days, but you should be prepared for the full 14 days. We will send you home with a gentle cleanser and post procedure balm to protect your skin through its healing process.
Biocellulose Restorative Mask ($25) – This amazing post-procedure mask immediately reduces the sensation of heat caused by the CO2 Resurfacing treatment and creates a protective barrier to replenish hydration.
Pre and Post Care Instructions
- Avoid use Antibiotics or St. John’s Wart two weeks before treatment (they cause photosensitivity).
- Treatment cannot be performed on tanned or burned skin. Avoid direct sun exposure and/or tanning beds/self-tanners for at least two weeks prior treatment. Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen everyday, 30 SPF or higher.
- Avoid wax or use of depilatories in the treatment area for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Let us know if you have a history of cold sores, we will give you a script to take beginning 1 day prior to your procedure. The purpose of this medication is to decrease your risk of getting a flare up after your laser treatment.
- Inform your technician if you have ANY allergies including medications.
- A series of treatments is always recommended for best results.
- This laser treatment can be performed on all skin types, although consultation is recommended first.
- A post care kit will be given after treatment, follow technicians instructions exactly at stated.
- You will have some redness and or swelling after your treatment. This is an expected result and is nothing to worry about. Tylenol and or Advil may be used to reduce post-treatment discomfort.
- You can expect tightness, itching, or flaking after treatment – our post-care kit will help with this
- DO NOT pick at your face, this may cause bleeding or scarring. Grid like pattern will slough off gradually.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 14 days post laser. Excessive sun exposure during this time could cause changes in the healing of new skin. Always use a sunscreen broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or higher.
For information about pricing, skincare, or your skin type, contact us. Or book a consultation online.