About ProFractional Resurfacing
ProFractional is a resurfacing treatment using Sciton’s Joule for achieving excellent resurfacing results with minimal downtime. Unlike full field resurfacing which removes the entire surface area of a treatment site, ProFractional ablates narrow-diameter channels into the skin, covering a fraction of the total treatment area. This action initiates the body’s wound healing response, while leaving the surrounding tissue intact for rapid healing. The benefits of ProFractional include increased patient comfort, shorter healing times, and tunable results that can range from subtle to dramatic.
Concerns Treated with ProFractional
Resurfacing treatments do come with some downtime but because of how aggressive they are, ProFractional can yield dramatic results. Our Laser Technicians are skilled on all areas of the body and experienced with concerns such as;
- Skin Texture
- Lax Skin
- Pore size
- Acne Scars
- Stretch Marks
ProFractional Resurfacing appointments are usually about 1 hour, depending on the area being treated. Topical numbing cream is applied to help with any discomfort. You can expect your skin to be red, textured, a little swollen, and in some cases have some pinpoint bleeding directly after the treatment. Expect to feel something similar to a sunburn feeling with a red/brownish tint to the skin. These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process and should improve within a few days.
Downtime is when your skin is still compromised and red/pink. During this time we recommend avoiding makeup, sun exposure, exercise and any excessive heat. Redness can last up to 7-10 days followed by some sloughing and peeling. Total healing time is usually 10-14 days, but you should be prepared for the full 14 days. We will send you home with a gentle cleanser and post procedure balm to protect your skin through its healing process.
Pre And Post Care Instructions
- Treatment cannot be performed on tanned or burned skin. Avoid direct sun exposure and/or tanning beds/self-tanners for at least two weeks prior treatment. Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen everyday, 30 SPF or higher.
- Avoid the use of any Vitamin A products a week before treatment.
- Avoid wax or use of depilatories in the treatment area for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- Let us know if you have a history of cold sores, we will give you a prescription to take beginning 1 day prior to your procedure. The purpose of this medication is to decrease your risk of getting a flare up after your laser treatment.
- Inform your technician if you have ANY allergies including medications.
- A series of treatments is always recommended for best results.
- This laser treatment can be performed on all skin types, although consultation is recommended first.
- A post care kit will be given after treatment including products to heal your skin and directions, follow technicians instructions exactly at stated.
- You will have some redness and or swelling after your treatment. This is an expected result and is nothing to worry about. Tylenol and or Benadryl may be used to reduce post-treatment discomfort and swelling.
- You can expect tightness, itching, or flaking after treatment – our post-care kit will help with this
- DO NOT pick at your face, this may cause bleeding or scarring. Grid like patterns will slough off gradually.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 14 days post laser. Excessive sun exposure during this time could cause changes in the healing of new skin. Always use a sunscreen broad-spectrum SPF of 30 or higher.